We are teaming up with our friends at The Prince’s Trust, and lots of other amazing brands to support young women, and champion gender equality in the workplace through The Brilliant Breakfast.
The Prince’s Trust are aiming to raise £1 million to empower, inspire and support young women across the UK.
10% of sales (10th-14th) October donated to The Prince's Trust
All the money raised by The Brilliant Breakfast is going directly to the cause, supporting young women across the programmes run by The Prince’s Trust.
The programmes offered by the charity give vulnerable young people the practical and financial support needed to stabilise their lives, helping develop self-esteem and skills for work. Three in four young people supported by The Prince’s Trust move into work, education or training.
Why do young women need our help?
The Prince’s Trust Youth Index has shown over several years that young women tend to show lower overall wellbeing and are often more likely to feel anxious and stressed.
- A quarter (25%) of young women said the pandemic has destroyed their career hopes.
- Almost a quarter (23%) do not feel confident about their future work.
- More than half (54%) also say it's harder to ask for employment help as "everyone needs it at the moment".
- For young people not in education, employment or training (NEETs), almost half (48%) say they "can’t see an end" to their unemployment and 65 % agree that the longer they are jobless, the worse they feel about themselves.
- Young women are more likely to feel like their work and career aspirations have been damaged, with 66% of young women saying getting a new job now feels “impossible” because of the competition, in comparison to 54% of men.
We’re raising money for amazing women like Tskenya:
Help us help The Prince's Trust to change lives - by raising money for young women in the UK who need our support, helping them to wake up to a more positive future.